Edible Heirlooms: Heritage Vegetables for the Maritime Garden
Edible Heirlooms offers history, growing tips and variety descriptions for more than 100 varieties of 26 of the most common home garden vegetables. Also in the book:
- History of the heirloom vegetable and seed-saving movement
- Advice on year-round gardening and season-extending methods
- Ways to share the experience: host a seed exchange, create a community garden
- Tips on saving your own seed to grow again or pass on to the next generation
- An extensive list of heirloom seed sources and seed-saving organizations
The book includes beautiful color illustrations by Susie Thorness.